I can't believe it myself.
I really do want time to slow down.
I feel like everything is just flying bye.
Today it seems as though Quinn's birth was so long ago. Sometimes it feels like it was yesterday and the memories are so vivid. But, not today for some reason.
The memories are still so vivid. I remember the smells. When I was pumping in the hospital with Emery and I opened up a new bottle to pump in to, the smell of the sterile bottle flooded my mind with thoughts of Quinn.
Quinn is very much a part of me. She came into my life and changed me significantly.
It's when I think of her that I am more patient.
When I think of her, I am a better mother to my kids that are with me now.
When I think of Quinn, I will stop to enjoy the simple pleasures in this life; the simple pleasures that I so much wanted her to get to enjoy.
So now I'm going to go outside without any shoes on and look at my Quinn books, drink some freshly made lemonade from real lemons and enjoy the wind blow threw my hair.
And to you reading this, I hope that Quinn can help you enjoy the simple pleasures in this life, too.
For we are truly blessed to be here on this Earth, at this time, enjoying our journey through our trails.
It's through Quinn's life that my Savior reached out His loving hand and walked with me, carrying me at times.
It's through Quinn's life that I came to truly appreciate everything that my Savior has done for me.
It's through Quinn's life that simple pleasures are magnified!
7 comments:
Thank you for sharing such a precious time in your life with all of your readers. Quinn is a sweet baby who touched many lives, and she is continuing to do so now. Quinn is how I met you and your husband for the 1st time...I had just returned home from my mission and I attended Quinn's funeral. I still to this day remember the VERY strong spirit that was in the room. Everyone who was there could feel Quinn's special spirit for sure, I know I did.
I love you Nancy and I love Quinn too! I think of her often and I think of you and how strong you are. You are woman of great worth.
Did you know my SIL named her 2nd daughter Quinn? It seems odd. To me the name Quinn will always belong to you. Love ya.
Today I will enjoy simple pleasures in honor of Quinn.Thank you, Nancy!
We love Quinny!
Nancy,
I have been thinking about you and Quinn a lot this week. She definitely changed my life forever too. Being with her everyday and watching and hoping that she would grow. Singing to her and loving on her every chance that we got. These are memories that I cherish and will never forget. Nancy, you are my sister. We may be far away, but no matter how far we are or how long it's been since we spoke, I am bonded to you in a way that I'm not with anyone else. (Whether you like it or not :) Here's to Quinny----for all the blessings and lessons that she brought into our lives.
Love you,
Em
What a beautiful memorandum. It is such a personal and lovey thing for you to share. Thank you, i will take special time to enjoy this day as thanks for your gift.
Check out my blog;)
http://anonymouscandy.blogspot.com/
Wow, thank you so much for sharing that with me and the other readers of this blog.
Post a Comment