Friday, March 9, 2018

Diving right into Summer!

Our Non-stop since May just keeps going.

Mom and Dad came to play, we had May Day, the last days of school and all their festivities, Sakamoto Invitational, and now it's time for the Ward Temple Trip, Ballet Recitals, and saying goodbye to some friends that are moving away.

This year Afton is 12, which in our church means that you can attend the temple and participate in the sacred work that goes on there. Afton's cousin Charlee is very good at family history and had found several names for Afton to take to the temple.
So with a little tutorial, Afton learned a little about family history work and was able to print some names to take with her to the temple.

 
 
The youth of the church go to the temple in the morning and then they have the afternoon free, so the leaders find some service projects for them before they go off to play.
 
And they would do this everyday for a week.
 
However, Afton and her dad were only there for two days, and I was only there for one.
 
It was a great experience, though, and we can't wait until next year because Brinlee will be 12 and we are all going as a family.




 
I came home from the temple trip after only a day and got busy with dress rehearsals.
 
Brinlee and Emery take ballet at Alexander Academy of Performing Arts. Every year, the first weekend in June is their big recital.
 
This year the theme was Storybook characters.
 
Emery's dance was Coppelia. They were all toy dolls that a magician brought to life.
Our good friend, Ember was the magician for Emery's dance class.

 
 
Sorry, the videos I took aren't great quality and it's during dress rehearsal. The only video taping they allow is during dress rehearsal. It really is better that way, so all those electronics don't take away from the show.
 
Here is Emery's dance...



This is Emery's dance teacher this year. She was dressed up because she was a pirate in one of the other dances.
 
Brinlee's dance was James and the Giant Peach. It was a beautiful dance as well.
I just love to watch my girls up there performing.

This year Brinlee decided to take a contemporary class, as well.

She loved her contemporary class because it was a Harry Potter dance.

 
And here is the James and the Giant Peach performance...
 
These are two of Brinlee's teachers this year. Brinlee's contemporary dance teacher was Emery's ballet teacher. She just loves her teachers, as do I.
 
 

Before the big night, Greg went to the farm and brought home some crown flowers. They make the prettiest leis. Then we strung leis for all the teachers. Greg and I then strung plumeria leis for Brin and Em.

It's tradition around here to give leis for special occasions. And dance recitals fall into that category.



All their hard work for a beautiful performance! I love that these girls love to dance.

 
I just wanted to post a picture of our big dry erase board of May because it was chalk full, I tell you!
 

 
With the end of the school year came several moves as well. I've found that our ward has seen many families come and go in the short four years that we've been here.
It's an adventure for many, I guess.
I grew to love these two ladies and their kids. I will miss them for sure! 

 
These two boys are twins and they were in my swim class with the Maui Dolphins. They would also, pass by me on the road when I walked my kids to school and shout out their car window, "Hi Coach Nancy!" waving their little arms. I love it and miss it so much!
 
Most of the kids in this picture are from another family that just moved into the ward, but now they are gone too. They only lasted nine months. But, I love making relationships with as many people as I can. They all have such fascinating lives and stories to tell.

No comments: